Thursday, March 11, 2010

More changes

I hate Twitter. But I really want one.

I don't consider myself interesting enough to get a Twitter, but I see the appeal in having that immediate connection. Sometimes, when I'm watching TV, and I see or hear something strange, funny, or just plain weird, I want to know if anyone else thought the same way. So a Twitter would help with that.

Why do I bring up Twitter? Because the personal connection that one has with 160 characters, and how well he can sum up all the problems in his life in those few letters and numbers, is a lot like what I'm trying to bring to the blog. Personal connection, some kind of reaching out. And at the same time, I want to expand. When I go on my trip, I want to have something tying me back to this blog, some reason to update it, to chronicle my journal, as much for myself as for others. Given the randomness and spontaneity that will drive the Odyssey, it mihgt be my only chance to give peple back home an update to my whereabouts and well-being.

So how do I expand? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm open to suggestions.

How do I make it small? That's coming, I think I have an idea of how to do that. So stay tuned.

No comments: