Monday, November 17, 2008

First Post

Well, this is my first post.

I'll probably upload a few trip logs and pictures in the next day or two. I have an article out in this month's Prospect Magazine; I'll be posting the link when it becomes available.

Hopefully I'll be able to put up some interesting information.

Note: I am posting personal thoughts, musings, and short descriptions of my adventures. Firstly, all postings, unless specifically noted, are the content and property of the author.

Secondly, and most importantly, I am posting my trip logs and other records for their entertainment value only. Under no circumstances, in no manner whatsoever, do I guarantee the accuracy of my postings. I accept no responsibility for the safety and/or welfare of anyone who reads my posts and/or adventures.

The outdoors is a beautiful, awe-inspiring, wondrous place. It is at times, however, an incredibly dangerous place. I myself screw up routinely, and have come way too close to killing myself a handful of times. I recount my successes and my mistakes so that you can learn from them, but in no way do I advise, encourage, or advocate doing what I do.

In the end, it is you and you alone that is responsible for your safety and well being. I wish everyone the best of luck, and I hope to see you in my adventures.

Chris

No comments: