Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Okay, so it's a little early, but nonetheless.

Just one more paper to finish and one more test, then I'll be headed home. I haven't seen the valley since early September, so I'm looking forward to it

Ham and potatoes, working out trip details with Alex, all the good stuff.

And climbing too. They say there is a little snow at home, we'll see. I've climbed in worse/stupider conditions.

Binghamton has seen its fair share of snow, at least some every day for the last two weeks. When I talk with people from Avon, a little town a few miles south of Rochester in Western NY, they all sympathize with me about how cold it must be in Binghamton. When someone from Avon feels bad about how cold it will be somewhere, that's not a good sign.

The temperatures are actually not bad, what I would put into the pleasant category, about 20 degrees. Howeer, the wind is pretty brutal, especially on campus. BU sits on a hill, tucked into the center of a horseshoe-shaped ridge that funnels all the wind through. Walking across the quad can be pretty miserable.

But it hasn't stopped me from wearing flipflops.

No comments: